In honor of Father's Day, I dedicate this blog to Kevin, my husband of 23 years. There have been ups and there have been downs, but here we are still hanging in there. That alone is reason to give thanks to God. Here are a few things I am thankful for when I think about Kevin:
1. He is funny. He can still make me laugh. Sometimes I am rolling my eyes, but mostly I find myself laughing at his jokes. I appreciate Kevin's sense of humor. It is what got him this girl.
2. Kevin tells me I am beautiful. He tells me this every day, often several times a day. Every woman needs to hear this from her husband. I think it may be even more important than hearing "I love you." I can question his love, but I can't question his taste!
3. He edits my blog. I have a tendency to be wordy; Kevin has a tendency to be succinct. Those differences help in the teamwork that is my blog. Kevin has always loved to edit and he is fantastic at it. I am grateful for a second pair of eyes to read and critique what I write. Sometimes my blog doesn't quite feel right and Kevin can usually tell me what is missing.
4. Kevin cleans our bathroom every week. This is such a big deal to me. I like a clean bathroom and I am often overwhelmed by working, caring for the kids, grocery shopping/couponing, cleaning, cooking, writing, and life. Knowing that one thing is going to be done and done well and consistently means alot to me. He took on this task because he knew what it meant to me.
5. Kevin desires to be a good husband and father. I can see how he makes an effort to learn and grow and change. I am thankful for that.
Happy Father's Day Kevin! If there are mistakes or the blog doesn't sound just right, everyone will know it was me. I couldn't let you see this one ahead of time. Thanks for all you are and all you do!